Thursday, June 7, 2012

< Random Snapshots > Hello again!


After many (manyyyy, manyyy) days of not posting, I want to recap some of the highlights of these past few months. Since I have been very busy, the good news is that I have many pending posts of cool stuff and new projects. Meanwhile, here are some pictures of my inspiration and a new test piece.


# Minto House: We had our first meeting regarding the Concrete Project at Minto House and this beautiful staircase caught my eye. The woodwork and contrast in color really look so simple yet soo beautiful. 
[soon a new post with the details of the Concrete Project!!]


# Vintage Jewelry: There is this little store in Lady Lawson Street, right across from the ECA campus, and every time I go in I want to take something home :/ I don't know what I love more: if the Vintage Light Emerald Earrings (I don't think they are actual emeralds but it doesn't matter because they are gorgeous!) or the Vintage Little Box?! These remind me of some jewelry that my great grandmother gave to my grandmother, and since they were bought in an auction from their previous owner, they must have a lot of history since they are from the 1920's... <3 


# New Test Piece: This is one of three color samples that Che [a PHD student from Korea] gave me since he was going to throw them away :D {thanks Che!!} I really love the shape and color and I think that with some engraving, it could look very interesting. It's still a work in progress, soo eventually I'll post some more pictures. :0 ) 

~ photos by julibd ~

No comments:

Post a Comment